- They steal your money or don’t take your money
- Product gets stuck
- They only offer junk food
To combat these negative images the vending industry has:
- Embraced cashless technology
- Installed SureVend technology – using infrareds to detect whether or not a product has vended, ensuring your employees either get their product or their money back
- Added healthy beverages and snack options to our product lines
Perhaps the greatest advances have been in regards to point #3. Fitnessmagazine.com listed 10 healthy vending machine snacks that were low fat or fat free including: baked chips, peanuts, pretzels, popcorn, Nature Valley granola bars and even some cookies.
Although the acknowledgement that it’s possible to find healthy snacks in vending machines is appreciated, this list fails to do justice to the vast variety of healthy alternative options available in vending today.
If we were to make our own list it would include some of the following products:
- Gluten free items
- Organic items
- Vegan items
- Beef jerky
- Be Kind bars
- Go Picnics
- Trail mixes
- Coconut water
- Sparkling water
- Fresh fruit
This list could continue for quite a bit longer but to save your scroll finger let’s just say this: healthy and vending are no longer antonyms but synonyms. Vending machines have progressed with the times and so have the products they offer.
For more information on healthy snack and beverage options available to the vending industry contact your Mark Vend today at (847) 291-9216 .We are happy to provide you with a free no-obligation consultation on your vending needs!